Information for New Dental Patients
information for families of new patients
Welcome to Wilderness Station Pediatric Dentistry. We thank you for valuing your family’s health and trusting us with your child’s dental care. We can’t wait to see you at Wilderness Station.
Here’s what you can expect on your child’s first visit.
Your First Visit when it’s time to see dr. marty
Schedule your visit as soon as your child’s first tooth appears. Don’t wait for a problem to arrive, and don’t wait beyond their first birthday. Think of it like a well-baby checkup with your pediatrician!
“Happy visit” checkups give children a dental home. Your child will grow up knowing our office isn’t a scary place. Regular checkups also help Dr. Marty get to know you, your child and your family’s unique needs very well over time. That’s how your family gets the best possible care!
On your Arrival here’s what happens when you step aboard
Check in at our front desk.
We’ll call you and your child back together to our consultation room. That’s where you’ll meet Dr. Marty. He’ll ask questions about your child’s history, diet and age-appropriate dental care. He can also answer any questions you have.
Then, it’s time for a gentle exam, as well as fluoride treatment, a cleaning, and all of the necessary X-rays. We’ll end with a conversation about any potential concerns that might call for your attention. Then, you’ll be on your merry way.
Here’s what you’ll get from just one visit to Wilderness Station:
- An opportunity to share your child’s health history
- A complete oral exam of your child’s growth and development
- A gentle cleaning with fluoride treatment
- An overview of any concerns or risks for tooth decay
- Valuable tips on kids’ brushing and home care
- Information on feeding practices that can lead to tooth decay
- Steps to take for common dental injuries
- Advice on teething, pacifiers and thumb sucking
New Patient Forms it’s easy to get a head start on our paperwork
Keep your family running ahead of schedule. You can complete our new patient forms before you arrive.
- Download New Patient Forms - This form is for all new or returning patients.
- Download Recall Consent form - This form is for those times when someone other than a parent or guardian is accompanying your child. We need a parent or guardian’s signature before we can provide any treatment.
- Download Treatment Consent Form - This form gives us consent to treat your child if you are unable to attend a treatment appointment. If you can’t be present, we cannot provide treatment without this signed form.