Sports Mouthguards – Lincoln, NE
Keeping Beautiful Smiles Free From Injury
Do you find yourself cringing while watching your child play football, tennis, volleyball, or basketball? Whether they find enjoyment in contact or solo sports, injuries can occur at any time, resulting in chipped, broken, or even knocked-out teeth. To avoid this problem, the team at Wilderness Station Pediatric Dentistry wants to give both you your child greater peace of mind with sports mouthguards. These beneficial oral devices make it possible to protect your little one’s teeth and gums from serious injury while playing their favorite sport. If you think your child could benefit from a sports mouthguard, contact our office today to schedule an appointment.
Why Choose Wilderness Station Pediatric Dentistry for Sports Mouthguards?
- Customized mouthguard to fit your child’s smile
- High-quality materials to create comfortable appliances
- Knowledgeable and skilled dental professional to provide insight and guidance
What Are Sports Mouthguards?
Sports mouthguards are oral devices used to protect teeth, jaw, and soft oral tissues when a child is playing sports or engaging in vigorous activity. Far too often, children incur chips, breaks, fractures, and knocked-out teeth that result in necessary dental crowns, tooth replacement, or complex oral surgery to fix these sports-related injuries.
Fortunately, with a custom-made sports mouthguard by Dr. Marty and his team, your child can feel confident on the field, court, or track while you breathe a sigh of relief.
What Are the Benefits?
When your child expresses their interest in playing a particular sport, you will find that scheduling an appointment with Dr. Marty and inquiring about a sports mouthguard will be extremely beneficial, and here’s how:
- A custom-made mouthguard will fit more comfortably than one of the many “one-size-fits-all” devices you can buy at your local drug store
- These oral appliances will better protect your child’s teeth, jaw, and soft tissues from harm
- Sports mouthguards can help to minimize concussions and more serious injuries that occur as a result of sports-related activity
- A mouthguard can save you and your child time and money in the long run by avoiding common dental emergencies and trips to the dentist’s office
Why and When Are They Needed?
A sports mouthguard is most typically used when a child is playing a particular sport or participating in solo, strenuous activity. Some of the most common sports you will find athletes wearing a mouthguard include:
How to Maintain a Sports Mouthguard
To ensure your child’s mouthguard remains intact and in good condition for as long as possible, there are a few tips you can be sure to use while at home, such as:
- Brush the mouthguard with toothpaste to minimize the accumulation of bacteria and other debris.
- Rinse the device with soapy water.
- Soak it in an antimicrobial solution to minimize bacteria.
- Avoid using hot water to rinse or soak the mouthguard in, as this can warp the plastic.