Tooth Extractions – Lincoln, NE
Gentle & Painless Tooth Removal
Dr. Marty works hard every day to help our young patients keep and maintain their natural teeth for as long as possible, but sometimes, a tooth can become so decayed or damaged that the only option is to remove it. He understands that this procedure can make a child extremely nervous, and he’s more than ready to put them at ease. By answering any questions beforehand and using local anesthetic as well as sedation dentistry, he can ensure a child stays completely calm and cool during their extraction.
Why Choose Wilderness Station Pediatric Dentistry for Tooth Extractions?
- Only Used As a Last Resort
- Same-Day Appointments Available for Emergencies
- Multiple Types of Sedation Ensure Patient Comfort
Why Your Child Might Need an Extraction
Dr. Marty will only recommend removing one of your child’s teeth if:
- It has a large cavity that can’t be restored with a filling or crown.
- Physical trauma has damaged the enamel past the point of repair.
- More room is needed in the mouth for an upcoming orthodontic treatment.
- A stubborn baby tooth is preventing an adult tooth from coming in properly.
In most cases, an extraction can be completed in just one appointment, and after taking the rest of the day to recover, your child should be able to resume their normal routine and diet.